Disability Services Practitioner Webinar Series Certificate of Completion
Please note: the curriculum for this series is in the process of being updated. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Community disability services practitioners deal with a range of challenging situations when working with individuals with disabilities. This series of one-hour webinars provides easy-to-access, clear and concise information for support workers.
- Gain knowledge and skills for supporting or volunteering with people with disabilities
- Understand the cultural context of disabilities in Canadian society
- Complete the 6 required webinars (6 hours)
- Can be completed within 1 semester up to a maximum of 2 years
- You may take individual webinars for general interest without earning the certificate
- You will be given instructions on how to access the webinar once you have registered.
Courses and Fees
The Canadian Cultural Definition of Disability
Understand the cultural context of disability service in Canada.
Learn to differentiate the three broad categories of disabilities and formulate appropriate supports.
Feeling Supported in Your Professional Role
Gain access to concrete tools and resources for individuals supporting people with disabilities.
Community Engagement: Being Known, Noticed and Missed
Examine your role within the community development process to foster community engagement for the people you support.
Focus on purpose-based support activities and learn about positive roles for the people you support.
Become familiar with tools to constructively give feedback to clients.
Mount Royal University, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW, Calgary AB T3E 6K6