Training for Support Workers
The Transitional Vocational Program is pleased to present workshops for those who support adults with developmental disabilities.
Supporting People with Developmental Disabilities in the Community
Learn how to help adults with developmental disabilities to increase their engagement in their communities and homes. Gain practical skills to support them in developing valued roles and genuine relationships. Instructor: Cara Milne
- What is the history of this field? How does it affect services today?
- What does it really mean to be included? A look at the difference between segregated, integrated and inclusive experiences.
- How do we define community?
- How do we build an inclusive neighbourhood?
- What is the difference between a house and a home?
- How can I shift to focus more on roles rather than activities?
- How do I help adults with disabilities make genuine connections?
- How do we help people build self-esteem and dignity?
403.440.3833 or 1.877.287.8001
Mount Royal University, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW, Calgary AB T3E 6K6