Philosophy is traditionally divided into five main subjects:
- Metaphysics, or the study of the principles of reality
- Epistemology, or the theory of knowledge
- Ethics, or the study of the principles of human conduct
- Aesthetics, or the study of art and beauty
- Logic, or the study of reasoning and inference
Minor in Philosophy
Philosophy investigates the basic foundations and assumptions of every subject matter to determine what these foundations are and whether they are justified. It therefore asks fundamental questions about existence, knowledge and morality.