Career and Job Search Workshops for MRU Arts Students
Did you know that an Mount Royal University ARTS DEGREE can lead to thousands of different jobs — and that your ideal 'career' is really a combined product of WHO you are AND the EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE you have?
Did you know that the more industry related experience you can gain through volunteering, part-time work and summer jobs, the more likely you are to catch the eye of a potential employer or grad school?
With that in mind, in collaboration with the Faculty of ARTS, Career Services will be offering two workshops specifically for Mount Royal ARTS students.
Career Planning StrategiesFriday, March 18, 2016
Room: EA 1014
- Steps to exploring "careers" for ARTS students
- Finding your passion, your focus, your niche
- Building related experience — building blocks to the future
Effective Job SearchFriday, March 18, 2016
Room: EA 1014
- What does an effective job search look like?
- Connecting the dots — from me to the job
- Resumes and cover letters — new realities
- Do I need a CV or a resume?
Attend one or both sessions!
To RESERVE YOUR SPOT, email email@example.com and include:
- Your name, student ID#
- Major (history, anthropology, etc.)
- Phone number / email
- Indicate if you will be attending one or both sessions
For more information about the Career and Job Search Workshop for Arts students, please call Patsy Valenzuela at 403-440-6307.