Clinical Practice Requirements
- College and Association of Nurses in Alberta Registered Nurse permit courtesy permit if coming from another province to Calgary for a practicum); or permit in province of practicum.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support for Health Care Providers completed within last 12 months
- 3M N95 mask fit test completed within last two years
- “It's Your Move” training (or safe patient transfer/back care training) completed or updated within last 12 months in your health region.
- Immunizations including mantoux test-up-to-date, subject to regional health guidelines. If you intend to enroll in a clinical practicum to complete the ER or Critical Care certificate, you must provide proof of your immunization status prior to submitting your clinical placement request. Clinical placement requests will not be considered until proof of immunization status is confirmed. Documentation, with dates, from your health care provider and or community health centre is required.
These are general requirements for students and other requirements such as computer training may need to be completed depending where the practicum will take place. You will be informed of these requirements prior to your clinical experience.