Aboriginal Education Program
The Aboriginal Education Program (AEP) is a University/College preparation program for students of Aboriginal ancestry. The program is designed to meet the needs of Indigenous students who are preparing to pursue a post-secondary education.
The AEP offers three levels of study designed for students requiring advanced upgrading with a concentration in math and English. These core subjects are supplemented with Aboriginal cultural courses, university preparation courses and post-secondary arts and science courses. All levels are supported by tutorial services, academic and personal advising, social events and visits from community members.
- To help meet the educational needs of Aboriginal peoples
- To promote a culturally appropriate educational program which enhances the educational experience of Aboriginal peoples
- To enhance cross-cultural understanding within an institutional setting
- To provide a positive learning environment which promotes success
For detailed descriptions on the courses offered, please see the Mount Royal University Course Listings.
- Self-identify as having Aboriginal ancestry
- Successful completion of grade 9/10 or better through high school or upgrading programs, and/or
- Successful completion of the University Placement Tests in Math and English
* Please note that enrollment in this program is limited and final admission is based on the above criteria as well as available seats.
How to apply
Step 1: Apply during any information session
Step 2: Write placement test(s)
Step 3: Use acceptance letter to secure funding
Step 4: Register into classes
Step 5: Attend Aboriginal Education Program (AEP) orientation
Information sessions for Winter 2017 admission are now complete.
Information sessions for Fall 2017 semester are as follows:
- March 3
- March 17
- March 31
- April 21
- May 5
- May 26
All sessions begin promptly at 1:00 pm. You will meet at the Iniskim centre (room C201). You do not need to register for the session and there is no fee, however, if you are late you will not be admitted and will be asked to return on another day.
Placement tests for Winter 2017 admission are now complete.
Placement tests for Fall 2017 semester are as follows:
- March 6
- March 20
- April 3
- April 24
- May 8
- May 29
All testing begins promptly at 9:00 am. You will meet at the Iniskim Centre (room C201). You may not attend a testing session without first attending and applying to the AEP at one of our information sessions. If you arrive late you will not be admitted and will be asked to return on another day.
You do not have to register for either the information session or the placement test. There are no fees required. Please arrive early.
For more information, please contact: