The Academy Program for Young Artists offers participants a comprehensive music education featuring a balanced, performance-based course of study, with inspiring opportunities to creatively work and perform with professional musicians and world renowned instructors
The Academy program runs from September to May with the majority of classes and activities taking place on Mondays, and includes:
- weekly masterclasses with designated Academy faculty, accompanied by an assigned collaborative pianist
- regular sessions with world-renowned guest artists
- weekly chamber music coachings or group classes (depending on level)
- weekly or bi-weekly rehearsals (depending on level and instrument) with an assigned collaborative pianist
- frequent recitals aimed at developing confidence and stage presence
- weekly participation in our Orchestral Program for those students who play orchestral instruments
- emphasis is placed on peer support and a creative, inspiring and positive learning environment for all!
The Academy Program is divided into distinct levels: Junior, Intermediate, Associate and Senior. In addition, we offer a special Honours class for Strings and Piano which is suitable for extraordinary young talents accelerating at a pace beyond their age. For university level students, please see our Advanced Performance Program description.
The Academy Program offers young artists the opportunity to progress at an accelerated pace. Participants gain essential artistic experience in a variety of settings, including regular performances for audiences that may consist of peers, faculty members, guest artists and the public.
The Academy Program's reputation is known and respected throughout the world, with many of its graduates being sought-after and continuing their musical studies in leading post-secondary music schools in Canada, the United States and Europe.