Tuition, Financial Aid & Housing
The Advanced Performance Program Certificate is tuition-based and costs up to $11,000 per student per year. The full tuition includes masterclasses, private lessons, rehearsals with collaborative pianists, chamber music coachings, specialized workshops, regular performance opportunities in recitals, masterclasses with world renowned guest artists as well as daily access to the Conservatory's world-class facilities.
Through the generous support of our Conservatory donors, the actual tuition cost for 2017-18 is:
- Option 1 (Full program): $7,000 (includes a $500 non-refundable deposit)
- Option 2 (Excludes private lessons): $3,000 (includes a $500 non-refundable deposit)
- Option 3 (Special study): TBD. Please contact the Program Administrator for more details.
All fees in Canadian dollars.
To secure their spot in the program, accepted students in Options 1 & 2 must pay a non-refundable deposit of $500 no later than June 15, 2017. The remaining balance is due July 15, 2017. Please note that payment plan options are available; arrangements must be made by July 15, 2017.
Scholarships & Bursaries
- APP Certificate students are eligible to receive scholarship funds to help cover tuition (available on the basis of need and/or merit)
- If you would like to be considered for a scholarship, please submit the online Scholarship and Bursary Application Form along with your application. To be eligible for a scholarship this form must be submitted by April 15, 2017
- As recipients of scholarships and financial aid, APP Certificate students may be asked to perform on occasion on the Conservatory’s behalf
- APP Certificate students can arrange to live in on-campus housing
- For students who prefer to live off-campus, the Students Association of Mount Royal maintains up-to-date listings of houses, duplexes, suites, apartments and room and board for students who do not live on campus. Please phone 403.440.6401 for further information
Please note that Mount Royal does not make off-campus housing arrangements on behalf of the students; all arrangements for off-campus housing are the students' responsibility.