Calgary Boys' Choir
The Calgary Boys’ Choir has delighted music lovers with their beautiful tone and clear pure sound for over 40 years, bringing the choir critical and public acclaim. The Calgary Boys’ Choir not only enriches the lives of our members and Calgarians, but brings the music of Calgary’s youth to the entire world.
The Calgary Boys’ Choir family consists of Junior Choir (ages 6-10), and Senior Choir (ages 9 and up).
|Calgary Boys' Junior Choir|
|1002 (Early Bird)||Tue||Sept. 13, 2015 - May 16, 2017||5:30 - 6:45 pm||ED2001||Cheri Peters||$465|
|1004 (After June 30)||$515*|
|Calgary Boys' Senior Choir|
|1001 (Early Bird)||Tue||Sept. 15, 2015 - May 17, 2017||6:15 - 8:15 pm||ED2001||Paul Grindlay||$615|
|1003 (After June 30)||$665*|
Early Bird fee applies for choir registrations by June 30. Regular fee applies for registrations after June 30.
*Note: Fees prorated if joining in Winter Term 2016. For Jan. 2016 enrollment, please contact Claudia Hasan-Nielsen, Coordinator, Academy & Choral Programs
All choristers are members of the Calgary Boys' Choir Society.
Calgary Boys' Choir is supported by:
About the Calgary Boys' Choir
Since 1973, Calgary Boys' Choir has provided superior musical training and performance opportunities for boys. We nurture excellence in music, strive to promote positive values and personal development through discipline and performance in a team environment, and believe in making our programs available to all talented boys, regardless of financial means.
Vision: Empowered boys who are remarkable, expressive and creative citizens.
Mission: Delivering dynamic, engaging, high quality choral instruction, performance opportunities and formative experiences designed for boys.
- Stewardship: In all our actions and decisions we value and care for the boys, the legacy entrusted to us, and the future we hold. We act transparently. We help others and support individuals within our choir community and in public service to our larger Calgary community.
- Integrity: We are accountable, responsible and we act fairly, honestly and with respect for others. We are committed to strong ethical practice.
- Critical-Creative Leadership: We use critical creative thinking to lead the choir. We are open-minded to ideas and we seek the richness of creative, artistic and diverse solutions.
- Excellence: We will act decisively and with competence to demonstrate quality in all aspects of our work.
- Growth: We will grow and develop the choir and the boys through learning and achievements.
- Cooperation And Teamwork: We acknowledge that we are a team, with defined responsibilities that require co-operation to achieve our objectives.
- Friendship, Fun and Humour: We are creating a community based on friendship, fun and humour.
The excellent training the choristers receive has resulted in a number of awards in competition, including from the Florida International Boychoir Festival, Calgary Kiwanis Music Festival, Alberta Music Festival Association, Canadian Choral Festival and the Bournemouth Music Festival (UK). Read more