Calgary Suzuki Summer Institute - Piano, Guitar and Trumpet
The Calgary Suzuki Summer Institute has changed its time! It is now being held at the beginning of July which is also a great time to visit the city of Calgary with the additional attraction of the Calgary Stampede.
The world famous Calgary Stampede is on from July 6 – 15, 2018 Add an extra day to your stay and visit the Calgary Stampede with your family, too! Family accommodations in the MRU residences will provide economical accommodations during the Stampede. Come experience the amazing environment that covers the City during this world class event. Calgary is filled with citizens who come together, volunteering and working hard to welcome the world each year!
Teacher Development Courses – July 3 – 10th and July 4 – 8th, 2018
Every Child Can Course – July 2, 2018
Student Programs – July 4- 8th, 2018
A Summer Institute can be one of the most inspiring and rewarding experiences for a Suzuki family. Teachers, parents and children are immersed in an environment of listening, performing, observing and being challenged with new ideas. The shared experiences develop new friendships and provide motivation that lasts throughout the year.
2018 is a great year to consider attending a Summer Institute in Calgary. The dollar difference serves as an amazing discount to our American friends!
Come experience an educational holiday at the Gateway to the Canadian Rocky Mountains in Calgary, Alberta.
The Calgary Suzuki Summer Institute will host the only North American Teacher Training programming for Suzuki Trumpet again this year. The program will include:
- Suzuki Trumpet Teacher Development Course Unit 1 (SAA Certification)
- Suzuki Trumpet Student program
- Trumpet Teen/Advanced Student program
The Calgary Suzuki Summer Institute Piano program will include:
- Suzuki Piano Teacher Development Course Unit 1
- Suzuki Piano Teacher Development Course Unit 5
- Suzuki Piano Student Program
- Suzuki Piano Teen/Advanced Student Program
The Calgary Suzuki Summer Institute Guitar program will include:
- Suzuki Guitar Teacher Development Course Unit 1
- Suzuki Guitar Teacher Development Course Unit 3
- Suzuki Guitar Student program
- Suzuki Guitar Teen/Advanced Student Program
- Suzuki Piano, Trumpet and Guitar Programs
- Suzuki Piano, Trumpet and Guitar Teen/Advanced Programs
This Year's Feature Activities
Daily classes are arranged according to age and level of playing. Students will participate in a combination of three daily classes:
- Master Classes - Individual lessons in a master class setting (3-4 in a class)
- Enrichment Classes (Choral, Bells, Percussion)
- Group Classes - Instrument Specific
- Ensemble, Transfer Orchestra or Transfer Instrument (Teen/Advanced Program)
- Parent Workshops and Discussion Forums
- Feature recitals and concerts
- Social events and time to share ideas and experiences with other families.
Practice rooms are available for individual study.
The Calgary Suzuki Summer Institute follows the Suzuki model and therefore a parent, preferably the practicing parent, must accompany their children to master classes and be present to guide their children through the day.
The Teen/Advanced program does not require parental supervision throughout the day but parents are welcome to attend with their teen.
|CRN ||Teacher Programs|
Every Child Can: An Introduction to the Suzuki Philosophy and Method (July 2, 2018; 9:00am - 5:00pm)
Observation Opportunity for Teachers (July 4 - 8, 2018)
July 4, 2018 - Opening Concert, Registration and Orientation (Optional)
|CRN ||Student Program |
*Discounted Sibling Rate Available - See Registration Form
Suzuki Piano Student (July 4 - 8, 2018)
Suzuki Guitar Student (July 4 - 8, 2018)
Suzuki Trumpet Student (July 4 - 8, 2018)
Suzuki Piano Teen/Advanced Student (July 4 - 8, 2018)
Suzuki Guitar Teen/Advanced Student (July 4 - 8, 2018)
Trumpet Teen/Advanced Student (July 4 - 8, 2018)
|CRN||Suzuki Teacher Development Program || |
The Mount Royal Conservatory's Suzuki Summer Institutes are SAA approved Suzuki Teacher Development Programs. See SAA guidelines for teacher development prerequisites at www.suzukiassociation.org
*All fees in Canadian dollars. Fees include all applicable taxes.
Registration opens Feb. 15, 2018. Registration deadline April 13, 2018.
To register :
Registration forms will be available below on December 15, 2017.
Call (or visit) the MRU Conservatory office at 403-440-6821 to complete your registration and payment.
Return the completed Registration Form(s) to:
4825 Mount Royal Gate SW
Calgary, AB Canada T3E 6K6
Registration Forms for:
- Student Programs - Registration Form
- Teacher Development Programs - Registration Form
- Introduction to Suzuki "Twinklers" - Registration Form
- Introduction to Suzuki "ECC" - Registration Form
- Introduction to Suzuki "Observation Opportunity" - Registration Form
If you have any questions, please email Marg Caspell or call the MRU Conservatory office 403-440-6821.
Guest accommodations in our West Residence Building apartments include service: linens, towels, basic kitchen items and a light weekly cleaning. We have a very limited number of one-bedroom units and they are available on a first come, first served basis.
All units are fully furnished including a single bed, each in a private room, full kitchen and living room with cable television. Each kitchen is equipped with local phone with voice mail, and our entire complex has high speed wireless internet throughout. Four-bedroom units include two full washrooms.
PLEASE NOTE: A number of units are held for this group, the cut off date for this block booking is July 1, 2018. After this cut-off date, any held, but unreserved rooms will be released to the general public and will be available on a first come, first served basis. Registrants requiring accommodation should book directly with Residence Services. Be sure to request the Suzuki Summer Institute Group Rate when booking.
Paid parking is available on campus.
Wyckham House Food Court is open daily. Other food facilities near campus are also available.