Early Childhood Cello Ensembles
There are two levels of Early Childhood Cello Ensembles: ages 3 - 8 and 9 -12
Cello Ensemble classes are a wonderful complement to private lessons as they allow young cellists to experience the fun of making music with their peers. Children’s daily practice is inspired by sharing their weekly accomplishments through solo performance and being able to celebrate the success of their friends.
Technique is improved through scale and arpeggio repetition, focus on in-tune ringing tones and maintaining fine cello posture. Beginning reading, rhythm, and music theory are actively put to use through unison, two and three voice ensemble playing. This program provides weekly performance opportunities and four Saturday morning recitals each year which feature the group and solo repertoire prepared in class.
- basic music, specific cello and chamber music skills
- effective classroom, audience and performance behaviour
- extended cello techniques learned through accompanied story-telling
- weekly scale, arpeggio and technical bow work
- important music theory and reading tools
- solo performance opportunities with piano accompaniment
- the inspiring experience of putting all above together while creating music with their friends
All young cellists are welcome, however, in the best interest of the student, they must have a regular private lesson instructor.
Instructor: Morag Northey
|Early Childhood Cello Ensemble (3 - 8 yrs)||CRN 1199||Saturday||Feb 3, 2018 - May 12, 2018||10:30 - 11:15 a.m.||$269|
|Early Childhood Cello Ensemble (9 - 12 yrs)||CRN 1200||Saturday||Feb 3, 2018 - May 12, 2018||9:30 - 10:15 a.m.||$269|