Summer Jazz Intensive
July 2 - 6, 2018 for ages 13+. Adults welcome.
For all students of all Jazz instruments.
The MRU Conservatory Jazz intensive immerses students in a fun and supportive environment that focuses on the skills needed to play jazz and improvised music. The program allows instrumentalists of all ages an opportunity to study with a faculty of professional artists and educators while making music with other motivated peers.
The activities and classes throughout the week are geared towards the needs of each individual student, and are sure to grow the confidence and abilities of all participants. The faculty will help students to hear the sounds of jazz, to better understand those sounds and to apply that knowledge to musical situations.
Classes and activities will include:
- Small ensembles/combos: rehearse daily with a small group led by faculty artists.
- Musicianship: classes that focus on ear training and rhythmic exercises.
- Jazz improvisation/theory: break down the barriers to understanding harmony, song forms and scales.
- Masterclass/special presentations: faculty perform live demonstrations, and share their experiences about what it's like to study, perform, compose and live a life in jazz.
- Guided listening: listening sessions led by faculty that explore the recorded history of jazz.
- Jam Sessions: playing sessions with other students and faculty.
Lindsay Wooglar - Bass
Jonathan May - Drums
Aaron Young - Guitar
Mark Limacher - Piano
Mark DeJong - Saxophone
Carsten Rubeling - Trombone
Andre Wickenheiser - Trumpet
|1049||Summer Jazz Intensive - Early Bird (Open Until June 1, 2018)||M-F Jul. 02-06, 2018||9 - 4 p. m.||$375|
|1011||Summer Jazz Intensive||M-F Jul. 02-06, 2018||9 - 4 p.m.||$425|
Please note that guitar and bass students need to bring a small amp (storage is provided during the week).
Stay on campus for the week. Residence fees are very reasonable, and the facilities are a five minute walk from classes and performance halls. Contact Residence Services at 403.440.6275 for more information, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.Parking
Payment is required for parking at Mount Royal University, Mon-Sat and parking regulations are enforced. Visitor parking lots and rates.