2018 Undergraduate Research Dissemination Fund Program Guidelines
The Office of Research, Scholarship and Community Engagement (ORSCE) is now accepting applications for the Winter 2018 Undergraduate Research Dissemination Fund (URDF) competition. The URDF is designed to expand students’ experience in disseminating undergraduate research.
Fall 2018 Application Deadline: Friday, September 28, 2018* (CLOSED)
*Applications will not be funded retroactively, therefore, events must take place during the following periods:
|Competition Deadline||Event Dates|
|March 2, 2018||April 1/18 - December 31/18|
|September 28, 2018||November 1/18 - May 31/19|
Applications must be submitted through the ROMEO Researcher Portal by midnight on the submission deadline days. Competition results will be announced 4-6 weeks from the submission deadline.
- Be enrolled in full-time studies (minimum 3 courses) at MRU at the competition deadline
- Hold a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be working under the supervision of an MRU faculty member (for the assignment, course work, special project, thesis work or independent research project being presented)
- Have identified a conference they wish to attend (acceptance required for release of funds)
- Be presenting research (poster or oral)
- Have ethics approval in place to conduct and disseminate research (e.g. HREB approval) if relevant
- If there is more than one student from the same project applying for funding to attend the same conference, they must complete the application as a group. All members of the group must meet the eligibility requirements listed above.
- Completeness: are all sections completed as requested
- Ability to communicate the rationale for attending conference
- Plan to bring experience back to the MRU community
- Clarity and focus in application: a clear indication of the importance of the particular conference within the discipline and the role of the student(s) in both the research and the conference presentation
- Budget justification (detailed, well thought-out, reasonable)
How to Apply
Things to Remember
- Student applications will require MRU registrar-issued transcripts (non-official but issued by registrar is acceptable).
- A copy of your event program is required. If a program is not available, please provide the website link.