2017 Undergraduate Research Dissemination Fund Program Guidelines
The Undergraduate Research Dissemination Fund (URDF) is designed to expand students’ experience in disseminating undergraduate research.
Fall 2017 Application Deadline: Friday, September 29, 2017* (CLOSED)
*Applications will not be funded retroactively, therefore, events must take place during the following periods:
|Competition Deadline||Event Dates|
|March 1, 2017||April 1/17 - October 31/17|
|September 29, 2017||November 1/17 - March 31/18|
Applications must be submitted through the ROMEO Researcher Portal by midnight on the submission deadline days. Competition results will be announced 4-6 weeks from the submission deadline.
- Normally be enrolled in full-time studies (minimum of three (3) courses) at MRU at the time of application
- Have an academic standing (minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Be working under the supervision of an MRU faculty member (for the assignment, course work, special project, thesis work or independent research project being presented)
- Have identified a conference they wish to attend (acceptance required for release of funds)
- Be presenting research (poster or oral)
- Have ethics approval in place to conduct and disseminate research (e.g. HREB approval) if relevant
- Completeness: Are all sections completed as requested
- Ability to communicate the rationale for attending conference
- Plan to bring experience back to the MRU community
- Clarity and focus in application; a clear indication of the conference and the role of the student
- Budget justification (detailed, well thought-out, reasonable)
How to Apply
Things to Remember
- Student applications will require MRU registrar-issued transcripts (non-official but issued by registrar is acceptable).
- A copy of your event program is required. If a program is not available, please provide the website link.