Faculty Conference Travel Fund 2016-17 Program Guidelines
and Submission Instructions
The Faculty Conference Travel Fund (FCTF) program provides financial assistance to full-time tenured or tenurable faculty to attend conferences (or similar events for scholarly dissemination) that advance their research and scholarship programs.
Fall Application Deadline: Friday, December 2, 2016 (CLOSED)
Winter Application Deadline: Friday, May 5, 2017 (CLOSED)
Applications must be submitted through the ROMEO Researcher Portal by midnight on the submission deadline days. Competition results will be announced 4-6 weeks from the submission deadline.
Faculty Conference Travel Fund Guidelines
Faculty may hold one FCTF award in the 2016-17 academic year. The maximum FCTF request is $1,500.00. FCTF awards are allocated through the reimbursement of actual expenses related to the applicant's attendance at the approved event. Expenses must be incurred in accordance with applicable Mount Royal University travel guidelines. FCTF awards may be leveraged with other non-ORSCE sources of funds (i.e. professional development funds, faculty conference support, etc.).
Applications will not be funded retroactively, therefore, events must take place during the following periods:
|Competition Deadline||Event Dates|
|December 2, 2016 (CLOSED)||January 1, 2017 - June 30, 2017|
|May 5, 2017 (CLOSED)||July 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017|
Ineligible applications will be returned without adjudication.
- Role of the applicant at the event, with priority given as follows:
- Speaker (e.g. keynote or podium; highest priority)
- Presenter (e.g. poster or paper; moderate priority)
- Attendee (lowest priority)
- Clear articulation of how the event will advance the applicant's research and scholarship program;
- Budget, including a cost breakdown with rationale for expenses;
- Demonstration that the opportunity will lead to further research outcomes (e.g. publications, partnerships, and/or networking);
- Quality of the application - is it well-written, focused, and clearly laid-out?
ROMEO Application Submission Instructions
- Navigate to the Login Page at https://mru.researchservicesoffice.com/Romeo.Researcher/Login.
- Enter your username (your MRU email address) and password in the Username and Password fields.
- Click Login.
- You will be redirected to your ROMEO home page.
Selecting the FCTF Application Form
- Click Apply New, found on the right hand side of the Mid Navigation Menu.
- Select the Faculty Conference Travel Fund application form located in the Awards section. You will be taken to Project Info Tab on the application page.
Project Info Tab
- Enter the name of your conference or event in the Title field. This is required information and will result in an error if left blank.
- Enter the dates of your conference or event in the Start Date and End Date fields.
Project Team Info Tab
No action required. The Principal Investigator Info section will auto-populate with your profile information.
Project Sponsor Info Tab
No action required. The Project Sponsor Info tab is administered by ORSCE.
Faculty Conference Travel Fund Tab
- Click the Faculty Conference Travel Fund tab to review all sub-tabs and fields.
- Complete all required or applicable fields.
The Attachments tab allows you to upload all required attachments. Attachments can be uploaded in any file format.
NOTE: The maximum file size is 5MB per attachment.
- Click Add Attachment to add an attachment.
- Enter a Description, if applicable.
- Click Browse to load the appropriate attachment.
- Enter the Version Date or select the appropriate date using the calendar tool.
- Select the Doc/Agreement to identify a broad category of attachment, i.e. CV.
- Click Add Attachment to upload the attachment to the application form.
The Errors tab displays a list of all required fields. The Errors tab will display until all required fields are complete. All required fields are
marked with a red asterisk (*). An application form cannot be submitted when the Errors tab is visible.
- Click the Errors tab to review a list of all required fields not yet complete. The Errors tab listing will detail the required tab and field name.
Complete all required fields to hide the Errors tab.
Submitting the Application
Application forms are designed to e-route your application form to your faculty signing authority prior to review by the ORSCE or HREB. At any
time, you can review an application form's workflow log to check the location and status of your application form.
- Click Submit and type a brief comment, including any pertinent notes to your designated signing authority.
NOTE: This is a REQUIRED field, and an application cannot be submitted if you do not include a comment.
- Click Submit.