Sustainability News & Events
Upcoming Events Campus Commuter Challenge | September 23 - October 4, 2019
Campus commuter challenge is a friendly competition between Canadian post-secondary institutions that encourages campus members to leave their cars at home and rewards walking, cycling, carpooling/ride-sharing, taking transit and telecommuting. Mount Royal is registered as a participating institution. Sign up here as a participant and log your trips between Sept 23 - Oct 4 to help the environment and our campus win!
2019 Fall Campus Sustainability Fair | September 24 - September 25, 2019
Stop by the following speakers and activities to learn more about local and campus sustainability!
- Information Fair!
- Greenhouse Tours
- Sustainability Culture & Literacy Assessment (Win Prizes!)
- Community Mobile Food Market
- Speaker Series featuring:
- Derek Leahy, Rural Routes to Climate Solutions
- Jerry Gao, LEAF Environmental Products Inc.
- Alexandria Farmer, Alberta Native Bee Council
- Camola Sustainable Foods
- Paul, Shumlich, Deep Water Farms
- Lourdes Juan, The Leftovers Foundation
- Edible Trees Planting Party
- Community Garden Harvest Party
Good Food Box - SAMRU
The Good Food Box, a barrier-free program operated by the Community Kitchen Program of Calgary, allows you to purchase fresh, healthy fruits and vegetables at an affordable cost! Good Food Boxes are delivered to the Students’ Association once a month. You can place your orders at SAMRU Reception.
Indigenous events listing
See list of events hosted by Mount Royal and local communities including:
- Otahpiaaki: Pride and Protest
- Rock Your Moccs!
- Metis Week
In the News
Archived News & Events