Programs and Services
Drop-in helpThe ADC provides several options for just-in-time teaching/learning support to faculty, instructional staff and students. These drop-in options are in keeping with our stated value of providing support and service in a responsive and proactive manner.
Professional developmentThe ADC provides Mount Royal faculty members with a variety of professional learning and development opportunities ranging from stand-alone workshops and workshop series which run over multiple sessions, to semester-long faculty study groups and also year-long Faculty Learning Communities (FLC). These PD opportunities are facilitated ADC faculty development consultants and address broad topic areas related to pedagogy, curriculum, assessment, teaching effectiveness, scholarship, and technology integration, in the university context.
- Classroom communication course
- Communities of practice (CoPs)
- Course redesign intensive
- Faculty learning communities (FLCs)
- Getting the best out of groups series
- Going deep book studies
- Good talk about good teaching
- Teacher identity series
- Teaching with technology workshops
- Triads: peer collaboration
Faculty orientation and supportThese programs are designed to orient new faculty to best practices in teaching and learning and to provide opportunities for socialization, community building, and professional learning. The goal of these programs is to contribute toward effective and scholarly teaching and overall success and satisfaction in faculty roles.
Support and serviceADC offers a number of supports and services as a means of assisting faculty in their roles. Whether through consultation, or more hand-on forms of assistance, we work collaboratively with faculty, providing complementary expertise, in order to assist faculty to achieve specific goals.
- 3M award application
- Classroom technology workshops (START)
- Consultation service
- Course and curriculum assistance
- Course redesign
- eLearning development
- Program review consultation
- Teaching and learning inquiry grants
- Video conferencing
- Video production
Annual and special eventsADC hosts special events that showcase teaching and learning. These may one-time events or held annually. These events are advertised through email.
- eLearning showcase (Spring)
- Spring PD offerings (Spring)
- Spring intensive: Towards scholarly teaching (Spring)
- Tech test drive summit (Winter)