Winter 2018: Available NOW, at Parking Office (EA1016) and Campus Card Office (Inside Bookstore)
The U-Pass is a unique validation sticker applied to your current Mount Royal Campus Card. It grants full access to available transit services during the semester. You must be currently registered as a full-time student (9 or more credits) to be eligible for the U-Pass program.
- The U-Pass is not transferable, cannot be sold or loaned, and is for the exclusive use of the purchasing student.
- U-Pass privileges may be revoked by Calgary Transit if it is misused or presented for transportation by any person other than the person to whom it is issued
- Calgary Transit maintains the rights to inspect the U-Pass used by a student and to ask the student for another form of identification, to ensure that the U-Pass is being used by the person to whom it is issued.
- Calgary Transit maintains the right to deny a student access to the Calgary Transit system, and impose fines in accordance with The City by-laws, if the student does not possess a valid U-Pass or other valid pass or ticket.
|Winter 2018 U-Pass will be available for pick up at the Parking Office (EA1016) and the Campus Card Office.|
|Jan. 1||Students must have a current U-Pass decal affixed to their Campus Card to ride transit under the program. Calgary Transit policy states that anyone riding without valid proof of payment will be subject to at least a $250 fine.|
|Jan. 19||Deadline to submit U-Pass opt-out forms. Eligible students must have submitted their required documentation and opt-out form to the Parking Office (EA1016).|
|Mar. 15||Refunds processed for approved opt-out applications. A credit will be applied to students' accounts following confirmation of payment of their U-Pass fee.|
U-Pass Program Terms and Conditions (Academic year 2017-2018)
1) The U-Pass stickers grant access to any Calgary Transit system routes from September 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017 (Fall 2017) and January to April 30, 2018 (Winter 2018) respectively. Students can utilize the Calgary Transit system routes as frequently as they desire during this period
2) A $140.00 (per semester) U-Pass program fee will be charged as part of the student's tuition.
3) The U-Pass stickers are strictly non-transferable, and that users may be subject to a $250 fines if the sticker is intentionally tampered with.
4) For lost or stolen U-Pass stickers, students are subject to a $140.00 replacement fee, limited to one replacement per semester (unless authorized by the Parking Services Manager).
5) Students must present the U-Pass sticker, along with photo identification (such as Campus Cards and/or Drivers' licenses), to any Calgary Transit Enforcement Official requesting Proof of Payment when accessing the Calgary Transit system.
6) Calgary Transit Enforcement Officers reserve the rights to revoke and suspend any U-Pass stickers if they are deemed for misused at any time.
7) Calgary Transit also maintains the rights to deny a student access to the Calgary Transit system if the student does not possess a valid U-Pass sticker. U-Pass Opt-out
Opt-out deadline for Winter 2018 U-Pass is January 19, 2018.
Please ensure that you are eligible to opt-out of the U-Pass program prior to submitting a form. Only requests that fall within these exemption categories will be approved.