Android OS 1.5 MRsecure setup
You need root user access on your phone to accomplish this as of OS rev 1.5. Edit the /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf by hand. In that file the configuration of the wifi-networks is saved. If you have any problems please call 403.440.6000.
You need to add the following:
For those who do not know how to do so, here is some more explanation.
- To edit the mentioned file above your phone has to be rooted.
- Then you need the Android SDK installed on your computer (you will need adb.exe).
- You need the usb cable to connect the phone to your computer.
- Open a command line shell and go to your android-sdk tools folder and then do the following:
• # Copy the config file from the phone to your computer:
adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf C:/MyFolder
• # Edit your wpa_supplicant.conf with your favorite editor and load it back to
adb push C:/MyFolder/wpa_supplicant.conf /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
• Navigate to the wi-fi settings in your phone. Turn wi-fi off and on again. It should
successfully connect now.
You are now connected to the MRSecure network.