WPA setup for AirPort on Mac OS X
MRU offers a secure wireless network that can be accessed by WPA Compliant Cards. Please follow the procedure listed below to enable WPA for your wireless adapter. If you have any problems please call 403.440.6000.
Disable IPv6 in OS X
To minimize client issues such as disconnects from secure, enterprise networks, including Mount Royals MRsecure you may have to disable IPv6 on your Apple device.1. Use Finder to open the Applications folder2. Select the Utilities folder3. Select Terminal 4. A screen will open. At the prompt, enter the following command to determine all of your MAC’s network interfaces: networksetup –listallnetworkservices5. To disable IPv6 for wireless, enter the following command: networksetup –setv6off Wi-Fi6. To exit the terminal window, open the Terminal menu next to the Apple menu at the top left of the screen and select Quit Terminal.
- An AirPort or AirPort Extreme card.
- Most Apple computers should have AirPort wireless cards built-in.
- A Mac updated with the latest updates.
- You can use the Software Update tool or visit Apple's website.
Enabling WPA authentication and security
1. Click the Wireless icon at the top right corner of the screen.
4. Select the MRsecure network.
7. When asked to Verify Certificate, click Continue.
You are now connected to the MRsecure network.