If you are qualified to do so, administer or co-ordinate first aid until a higher standard of care arrives (Paramedics, Police, Fire)
If the emergency is life threatening
- Telephone or have someone telephone 911 (remember to dial 9-911 if calling from an internal landline).
- If you're not sure that the emergency is life threatening, but appears serious, telephone 911 anyway. Report the following:
- "This is a medical emergency at Mount Royal University".
- The building you are in.
- Your location within the building
- The nature of the medical emergency.
- Actions taken thus far.
- Your name
- After you have contacted 911, telephone Security Services at 403-440-5900 and inform them of the situation.
If the emergency is not life threatening
- Telephone Security Services at 403-440-5900.
Staff from Security Services will:
- Respond to the scene.
- Assess the condition of the victim and administer or assist with first aid.
- Determine whether to call Emergency Medical Services.