How to pack
Residence is fully furnished so all you need to add are personal touches!
Keep in mind that there is limited storage space. Leave at home things that could be brought later in the year. You can also contact your roommates through the Residence Portal before you move in to discuss sharing common items like kitchenware.
What to bring to Residence
- Clothing, clothes hangers and laundry detergent
- Personal toiletries and towels
- Bedding for a super single bed (also called twin XL – 39 x 80 in.)
- Computer and school supplies
- Kitchenware (dishes, cutlery, pots and pans)
- Cleaning supplies (excluding vacuum)
What not to bring to Residence
- Pets (except small fish)
- Additional large furniture or appliances (couches, futons, beds, etc.)
- Anything that could be used as or mistaken for tobacco, drug or alcohol paraphernalia (beer bongs, shisha pipes, etc.)
- Candles, incense or anything that has an open flame
- Music amplification equipment (subwoofers, large speakers, etc.)
- Large volume alcohol containers (kegs, mini kegs, Texas mickeys, etc.)
- Wireless network routers (Residence already has high-speed WiFi in all rooms and common areas)
Decorating your unit
Residence is going to be your home over the next year, so we encourage you to make it feel homey. However, we do expect you to follow a few simple rules:
- Respect your neighbours, the facilities and furniture.
- Use a limited number of tacks or push-pins to affix items to walls. Do not use adhesive strips, tape, nails, screws or plugs.
- Do not affix any additional hooks, mirrors or whiteboards on any surface.
- Do not display bottles, cans, posters, flags or any type of advertisements in windows.
- No offensive material is permitted in places where it could possibly be seen by the public (for example; windows, doors).