Resident parking information
Parking is at a premium at Mount Royal University and costs associated with securing a parking permit are not included in your Residence fees.
Parking and Transportation Services, in collaboration with Residence Services, is able to guarantee 250 parking permits on a first-come, first-served basis to accepted residents who apply by June 15. The following steps must be completed in order to be guaranteed a parking permit:
- Complete the application process and pay your application fee and security deposit by June 15.
- You must have received an assignment letter from Residence Services – an email that contains your specific room type and details about moving in – by June 25.
- You must pay your Residence fees by August 1.
- You must pay for your parking pass by August 1. This can be done online or in person at the Parking and Transportation Services office. Please note that Parking Services will be sending information and instruction to all students who have indicated that require parking.
- If you apply after the deadline dates, and need parking please email the Parking Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, using heading "Resident Student - Parking Request" and they will advise you on your options.
If the above steps are completed, a parking permit will be reserved for you at the Parking and Transportation Services office until Move-In Day.
Important Note: If you have not picked up or paid for your parking pass by Move-In Day, if you cancel your application, or if you do not meet any of the deadlines outlined above, the parking permit guarantee will be forfeited.
Please note the following:
- Transportation and Parking Services will communicate with you in regards to the next steps to receive your parking permit
- Parking permits are associated with the term you are applying for. That is, if you are applying for the Fall term you will receive a Fall only parking permit. If you change your application after June 15 from a Fall term to an Academic Year (Fall/Winter) term you must contact Parking and Transportation Services to arrange parking for the new term selected. Parking is not guaranteed for the new term and passes are subject to availability.
Additional parking permits are available on a first-come, first-served basis online and at the Parking and Transportation Services office until they are sold out. Parking location and price may vary (the parking lots closest to East and West Residence are called Permit Lots). For more information regarding parking on campus or how to pay for your parking pass, contact Parking and Transportation Services.
Parking for Winter term only
For students wishing to live in residence for the winter semester only, please note that parking is in high demand at Mount Royal and is not included in your Residence package. If you are hoping to bring a vehicle to campus, please plan ahead to avoid disappointment. Parking permits go on sale in early November and are sold on a first-come, first-served basis online and at the Parking and Transportation Services office which is located on the ground floor of the Faculty of Arts building.
Parking for Spring and Summer terms
Parking passes are available for spring and summer semesters. Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for further information.