Who Has Access

Who has access to Health Services clinic

Mount Royal community members

  • All credit students, including occupational programs in Continuing Education
  • Faculty members of the Mount Royal Faculty Association (MRFA)
  • Employee members of the Mount Royal Staff Association (MRSA), Mount Royal exempt management and employees
  • The spouse and child dependents of students living in the Indigenous Family Residence program at Mount Royal

International students

International students with Guard Me insurance can access the Health Services clinic for medical services covered under the plan. We will direct bill your physician appointment to the Guard Me plan to reduce out-of-pocket medical costs to you. Please visit www.guard.me for more information.

Some international students may have Alberta Healthcare cards, which gives them access to any medical clinic or hospital in the province.

After Mount Royal

Because of the high demand for access to medical services by our community members, when your relationship with Mount Royal comes to an end, either through graduation, withdrawal from your academic commitment, and/or employment termination, you will be required to seek health care services outside of Mount Royal's medical clinic.

Please see the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta for the names of local physicians accepting new patients.