Education Assistant Certificate
Our in-demand graduates are qualified to work in a variety of sectors in this growing field, including public schools, private schools, charter schools and other learning institutions.
Education assistants’ earnings vary depending on location and area. According to the Alberta Occupational Profiles, education assistants in Alberta earned an average of $22.19 per hour.
Train to the highest standards
Our grads are sought after in a variety of education sectors.
Earn a university credential
Your certificate is issued by Mount Royal University, a respected Canadian post-secondary institution.
Experience campus life
Benefit from small class sizes, a tight-knit student community, expert instructors and a dedicated program team while experiencing the amenities and services of a university.
Gain real-life experience
Connect with employers through field experience in a K-12 classroom.
Transfer Equivalency and Transfer Credit Assessment
Students who wish to have their continuing education courses assessed for transfer equivalency to a Mount Royal credit diploma or degree must initiate this process through the Transfer Credit office. For more information, please visit Transfer Credit Process.
- Study full-time or part-time
- Complete 6 required courses with field experience opportunities at partner schools
- Participate in 2 classroom immersion practicums (180 hours) at partner schools
- Can be completed within 8 months (full-time) or up to 6 years (part-time)
Program Information Session
|Tuition||Textbooks and Supplies (approx.)||Additional Costs|
|Total||$6,525||$500||Incidental expenses and travel to and from required field placements should also be expected.|
This program is currently not eligible for provincial or federal government student loans or scholarships. If you have questions, email email@example.com for more information.
- You must apply for admission to this program.
- A Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search is required by schools for field experience and practicum. Please see the Admission section or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Each province has its own licensing regulations governing work in education. Research the necessary certification in your province of residence. Employment as an education assistant in Alberta is not subject to provincial regulation.