How to Apply
Academy Program for Young Artists
- Entrance to the Academy Program for Young Artists is by audition only - please see audition requirements for more information
- New applicants must fill out the online Application Form. Applicants will be notified of their audition date, time and location by e-mail, so filling out the application form completely is essential for being considered for the program.
- Students who are currently in the program and are intending to return to the program must fill out the Intent to Return Form.
- Application deadline is April 15, 2019 and auditions will be held in May 2019
- Acceptance is determined by an audition panel consisting of Conservatory faculty
- Any emerging young artist in Calgary or surrounding area who shows clear talent, passion and dedication is eligible to apply
- It is expected that Academy students take private instruction in their instrument. It is the responsibility of each student to make private lesson arrangements with his/her instructor of choice. The private instructor does not need to be affiliated with the Mount Royal University Conservatory
- Students are notified of audition results no later than June 15, 2019
- In order to guarantee a spot in the program and to be assigned to a chamber group and collaborative pianist, students must enroll and pay tuition fees no later than July 15, 2019. Payment plan options are available; arrangements must be made by the July 15, 2019
*** Late applications may be considered at the program's discretion, depending on space availability.
For more information, or for assistance with the application and acceptance process, please contact email@example.com