Sponsorship and Program Support
The Mount Royal University Conservatory relies on individual and corporate support for all of its programs.
For more information on how you can support our remarkable Academy Program, please contact Dr. Brad Mahon, Conservatory Director: firstname.lastname@example.org, 403.440.6017
The Naomi & John Lacey Virtuoso Programme
Virtuoso Masterclasses Series
The Mount Royal University Conservatory is delighted to partner with the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra in an exciting new initiative, in which world-renowned artists from The Naomi & John Lacey Virtuoso Programme teach masterclasses to students in the Academy Program for Young Artists and Advanced Performance Program.
2018-19 Virtuoso Fan Club
In addition to The Naomi & John Lacey Virtuoso Programme Masterclass Series, the Mount Royal University Conservatory is thrilled to announce the continuation of the Virtuoso Fan Club, which was launched in January 2017! Through the extraordinary generosity of Naomi and John Lacey and the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra, students in the Conservatory's Academy Program for Young Artists and Advanced Performance Program have the opportunity to experience the Virtuoso Artists live in concert with the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra.
10 tickets will be offered to students on a first-come first-serve basis for each of the concerts listed below:
- Saturday September 29 @ 7:30pm - Worlds
Collide: Haydn, Ho and Kuzmenko
- Saturday October 13 @ 7:30pm - Keyboards: Marc-André Hamelin + Neil Cockburn
- Saturday November 3 @ 7:30pm -
JoAnn Falletta Conducts Spanish Guitar
- Saturday November 10 @ 7:30pm - Verdi Requiem
- Saturday January 26 @ 7:30pm - Mozart’s Birthday Party
- Saturday February 16 @ 7:30pm -
Pièces de résistance
- Saturday March 16 @ 7:30pm - Brahms Double with Diana Cohen & Arnold Choi
- Saturday March 30 @ 7:30pm - Mendelssohn's Elijah
- Saturday May 4 @ 7:30pm - Controversial Classics
- Saturday May 11 @ 7:30pm - Bach + Liszt piano concertos with Konstantin Shamray
- Saturday May 25 @ 7:30pm (* Knox United Church) -
Brandenburg Concerto No. 4
- Saturday June 1 @ 7:30pm - Prokofiev Piano Concerto No. 2 with Yefim Bronfman
Calgary Pro Musica
Calgary Pro Musica Society plays an integral role in bringing the world's greatest performers and educators to the Academy Program, through generously offering its artists for Academy Program masterclasses. Our students benefit greatly from these artistic encounters and we are grateful to Calgary Pro Musica for their continuous commitment to educational outreach.