Transferring research funds
Transferring funds between co-investigatorsWhen you have a co-investigator at another other institution who has expenses associated with your project, you will sometimes need to transfer funds to the co-investigator’s institution. A transfer of funds requires the creation of a legal agreement that binds the partner institution to the same legal requirements that exist in Mount Royal’s agreement with the original funder.
If you need to transfer funds (or think you might), contact Melissa Deane at email@example.com to initiate the process.
- Ensure the sponsor’s terms and conditions or guidelines allow for the transfer of funds
- Submit the following to ORSCE manager, Melissa Deane, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- a copy of all required ethics certifications a copy of the Notice of Award (the recipient of the funds must be listed as a co-applicant)
- a detailed budget outline
- A completed and signed Request for Transfer of funds form
- ORSCE will then prepare a contract between Mount Royal University and the co-investigator’s institution
- Funds will be administered once ORSCE receives a signed letter of agreement from the co-investigator’s institution.
Transferring funds from other institutions
If you are a new researcher at MRU with funding from your previous institution, please contact Melissa Deane at email@example.com to begin transferring your funds.
- signatures from both you and your chair or dean
- a copy of all required ethics certifications
- a copy of the Notice of Award
- any additional documents required by your previous institution
We are here to help For questions and assistance with transferring funds, please contact ORSCE manager, Melissa Deane, at 403.440.5081 or firstname.lastname@example.org