United Way Fundraising Campaign 2018
Every day, Calgarians across our community struggle to build better lives for themselves and their families. These challenges are fueled by serious social and economic barriers including poverty, mental illness and social isolation.
- 7.5% of the Calgarian workforce was unemployed at the end of 2017.
- Currently, 1 in 10 Calgarians are living in poverty.
Did you know?
- Last year, companies from Calgary and surrounding area raised $52.6 million for United Way.
- United Way supports more than 100 community agencies and 56 collaborative initiatives that support more than 150,000 people every year.
- More than 17,000 volunteers gave time out of their busy schedules to help United Way create a caring community where everybody thrives.
The good news
- United Way funded 27 programs and initiatives that provided access to food, emergency shelters and employment counselling.
- Your support allowed programs to help 2,723 families and individuals face fewer barrier to employment opportunities in 2017.
If you have any questions or comments, please email Jonathan Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.