The Embalmer Certificate includes the study and practice of the history and fundamentals of embalming. The embalming process will be practiced within the provincial framework and the acts and regulations governing funeral service in Alberta.
Students considering this certificate should contact the program team prior to application, in order to discuss suitability.
Complete 9 courses (450 hours) with a minimum grade of C in each course to receive your Certificate. The program is completed through part-time studies within 1 year but must be completed within 6 years.
Step by Step Registration Guide:
- Look up courses via MyMRU> Register & Pay> Look up Courses
- Search by term (e.g. Fall 2017 CREDIT or Winter 2018 CREDIT) and then Submit
- Select the subject: e.g. Funeral Service and then Course Search. Tip: You can choose multiple subjects by holding CTRL while selecting each subject.
- Find the course name and number (e.g. XFDC 10001) and click on View Sections. All of the scheduled sections in the term will display. If there is a tutorial or laboratory connected to the lecture, there will be a note.
- Select your courses for the semester and Submit.
Program Planning Guide
|Semester #1||Embalming Theory I|
Anatomy & Physiology
|Semester #2||Embalming Theory II|
Restorative Art I
Restorative Art II
|Semester #4||Embalmer Work Experience||72||Funeral Home|
Note: Schedule is subject to change.
Ready to get started?
Get a head start on your program. Contact us for details.
- Exhibit a high standard of professional conduct and ethics
- Apply a broad based knowledge of biology and social science
- Demonstrate reconstruction and restorative art techniques
- Complete the embalming process with appropriate infection control procedures
- Document the arterial injection embalming of up to 50 individual cases through an embalming log
For more information about this program:
403.440.6867 or 1.866.616.3606
Mount Royal University, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW, Calgary AB T3E 6K6