Mount Royal Conservatory: We have a place for you
At the Mount Royal University Conservatory, we believe that the human spirit achieves its truest expression and deepest fulfillment through the arts.
We have played a pivotal role in Calgary’s performing arts scene since 1911, enabling people of all ages and abilities to take part in the performing arts. No other performing arts organization has the history or serves as large and diverse a community. Now the largest institution of our kind in Canada, we are unique in the breadth and scope of our programming.
Our mission is to nurture the artistic potential in everyone, and identify and train the great artists of tomorrow. We teach more than 4,000 students every year and welcome tens of thousands of others from our community to our festivals, concerts and special events.
Latest Blog Posts
Designing the Bella Concert Hall
- North America's first Suzuki Trumpet Program, for ages 3-10
- Custom Workshops & Clinics
New classes in songwriting, rock, country, R&B, music industry business, the history of popular music, plus rock bands, rock orchestra and more. Details
In the media
- We are so proud of our instructor Erin MacLean-Berko...- CBC News, Nov. 22 2015
- MRU launches new Popular Music program - Global News, Sept. 10, 2015
- Fine-tuning the Bella Concert Hall - Global National News, June 28, 2015
- Putting the new Bella Concert Hall to the test - Global News, June 25, 2015
- What to expect from Popular Music at MRU - Global Weekend Morning News, Calgary, June 27, 2015
- Steady with the Steinway! Mount Royal University piano move underway - Global News, June 17, 2015
Keep informed about what's new and exciting at the Conservatory: Add your name to our e-news mailing list, follow us on Facebook or Twitter, watch us on YouTube or keep even more up-to-date with Soundbites:
If your child attends programs that contribute to his or her development, you may be eligible for the Children's Arts Tax Credit for eligible expenses of up to $500 per taxation year for children under 16. Please refer to the Government of Canada website.