Plan Your Studies
Select your Funeral Service Diploma courses by using the Program Planning Guide.
Here is a sample schedule to get you started.
You can complete this program in as little as 1 year or take up to 6 years.To finish the program within 1 year, you will need to follow an accelerated course schedule and complete work experience courses at the same time as academic courses.
Planning your program - key factors to consider
Now that you have chosen your courses, the next step is to register.
- Look up courses via MyMRU > Register & Pay > Register > Look up Course(s)
- Search by term Spring/Summer/Fall 2018 CREDIT and click Submit
- Select the subject Funeral Services and click Course Search.
- Find the course number and name (e.g., XFDC 20001 - Funeral Directing I) and click View Sections.
- Select your courses for the semester and click Submit.
The Add/drop, fee deadline and withdraw dates will follow the Academic Schedule
For a course-by-course tuition breakdown, see the 2018-19 Fee Schedule.
If you require financial assistance, please contact Student Awards and Financial Aid.
Get your textbooks and supplies
Order your textbooks and Personal Protective Equipment - Funeral Services kit through the BookStore. Use the subject codes in your Program Planning Guide. Textbooks should be ordered in advance of the course start date, and allow time for shipping if you live outside of Calgary.
Plan for the start of classes
- Register for the free Online Course Tutorial to become familiar with Blackboard (your online learning management system)
- Review your Embalming Practicum and Work Experience requirements
- Access your online courses 3 business days before their start date
- Get your campus card (optional)
- Start tracking your progress – Use the Program Planning Guide as a checklist or track your progress by using mruGradU8
MyMRU > My Program > mruGradU8