Funeral Service Diploma
The Funeral Service Diploma prepares you to be dual licensed as a Funeral Director and as an Embalmer.
- Learn through interactive online courses, work experience courses and 2 on-campus courses (Embalming Practicum and Restorative Art II)
- Start program in September or January
- Study part-time
- Complete program within a minimum of 1 year to a maximum of 6 years
- The Diploma (and dual license) is the preferred credential with many funeral homes
- Plan, arrange and direct funeral ceremonies.
- Be considerate of and respond to various religious and cultural traditions associated with death.
- Interpret and apply various acts and regulations which govern the funeral service profession in Alberta.
- Communicate and work effectively with families, government, health and legal agencies.
- Practice the companioning aspect of caregiving.
- Demonstrate reconstruction and restorative art techniques.
- Complete the embalming process with appropriate infection control procedures.
- Document the arterial injection embalming of up to 50 individual cases through an embalming log.