Funeral Service Diploma
The Funeral Service Diploma prepares you to be licensed as a Funeral Director and as an Embalmer.
- Plan, arrange and direct funeral ceremonies.
- Be considerate of and respond to various religious and cultural traditions associated with death.
- Interpret and apply various acts and regulations which govern the funeral service profession in Alberta.
- Communicate and work effectively with families, government, health and legal agencies.
- Practice the companioning aspect of caregiving.
- Demonstrate reconstruction and restorative art techniques.
- Complete the embalming process with appropriate infection control procedures.
- Document the arterial injection embalming of up to 50 individual cases through an embalming log.