Prepare for your new career as a massage therapist. Learn relaxation and therapeutic massage techniques along with subjects that include anatomy, physiology, pathology, business and research. Hands-on training is a key component of the program; from the student-run practicum clinic to off-site community outreaches, you will gain valuable experience working with a variety of clients and conditions in a supervised setting.
- Study full time or part time
- Attend in-class, online and blended courses
- Start September or January
- 2,200 hours
- Complete in a minimum of 18 months to a maximum of 6 years.
- Preferred credential for employment
- Adapt massage treatments to aid in rehabilitation and pain reduction for special populations
- Integrate academic content and practical skills in comprehensive research and case study projects
- Achieve the highest level of massage therapy training required to work as a therapist in Alberta and across Canada
- Recognized by all three associations in Alberta - MTAA, NHPC and the RMTA
We are no longer accepting applications to the certificate effective Winter 2018
- 1,100 hours
- Complete in a minimum of 9 months to a maximum of 6 years
- Apply relaxation and basic therapeutic massage techniques to promote overall health maintenance
- Recognized by the NHPC
The Mount Royal Advantage
Train to the highest standards nationally
Earn a university credential with curriculum that exceeds the Inter-Jurisdictional Practice Competencies and Performance Indicators for Massage Therapists at Entry-to-Practice.
Experience campus life
Benefit from small class sizes, a tight-knit student community, expert instructors and a dedicated program team while experiencing the amenities and services of a university.
Gain real-life clinical experience
Apply your skills on a variety of clients in our student practicum clinic.
Learn in specialized facilities
Practise in our classrooms designed for massage therapy instruction, complete with massage tables, privacy curtains and ceiling-mounted cameras for practical demonstrations.
Connect with your community
Be active in the Calgary community by attending various supervised events throughout the city.
Have an outreach opportunity for our students? Email your request to email@example.com.
Access to scholarships
Twelve $1,000 scholarships, funded through the Student Practicum Clinic, are awarded based on academic excellence annually. For more scholarships see Mount Royal's Scholarships & Bursaries. Are you interested in sponsoring a scholarship? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be in demand
Explore current employment opportunities and attend our annual career fair. Mount Royal Massage Therapy graduates are highly sought after by employers.
Continue your studies
Graduates of the 2,200-hour Massage Therapy diploma are eligible to receive transfer credit towards the Thompson Rivers University's Bachelor of Health Science. For more information on transfer opportunities visit Continuing Education Course Transfers.Contact email@example.com
403.440.7742 or 1.866.616.3606
Mount Royal University, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW, Calgary AB T3E 6K6