Project Management Online Extension Certificate
The Project Management Online Extension Certificate program allows you to work at a time and place that is convenient for you. This online curriculum incorporates interactive dialogue among course instructors and learners.
This program is eligible towards Blue Seal Certification.
- Prepare for a career in the field of project management
- Earn an internationally recognized credential
- Prepare to write the CAPM® or PMP® exams
- Update your job skills that require project management
- Online – Complete the 4 required courses (120 hours)
- Can be completed within 1 semester up to a maximum of 3 years
Classroom certificate also available.
Earn credit towards a degree/diploma
This program is eligible for transfer credit. For more information, contact Business and Professional Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.440.8937.
Online Program Notes
- Check the technical requirements for using the Blackboard online learning platform prior to registering for any of the courses.
- The online courses are not independent study. They are facilitated by our instructors to guide you through an interactive learning experience at an accelerated pace.
- Online students can expect to complete all or a combination of the following: participation with classmates on Discussion Board, questions of the week and a final exam. To ensure that your computer has the proper system requirements necessary for online learning please check your Technical Requirements.
- The listed course hours indicate the estimated time for students to review the online learning units. Your actual time spent completing assignments may vary.
Textbook (required): PMBOK® Guide - Fifth Edition available at the BookStore.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo, CAPM, PMP and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
|PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXTENSION CERTIFICATE ONLINE SCHEDULE Total: 120 hours |
|Fall '16 |
|Winter '17 |
|Spring '17 |
|Overview and Initiating Processes||•||•||•|
|Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, |
and Closing Processes
|Final Assessment Paper||•||•||•|
|The above schedule is subject to change. Courses start on various dates within each semester.|
|Fall schedule and registration available in June. Winter schedule and registration available in November. Spring/Summer schedule and registration available in March.|
Note: The following courses are interchangeable:
- Project Management: An Overview (classroom)
- Project Management Online, Module 1: Overview and Initiating Processes
- Construction Project Management: An Overview
The other courses in all 3 programs (Project Management Extension Certificate, Project Management Online Extension Certificate and Project Management in Construction Extension Certificate) are not interchangeable.
Project Management Online, Module 1: Overview and Initiating Processes
Become familiar with the ten knowledge areas of project management: integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk, procurement and stakeholder management. Gain insight into all of the processes involved in initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing projects. Examine in detail the processes included in the initiating processes group.
|Subject code: XPRM 20002||15 Hours. Fee: $535||Choose 1 of the CRNs below|
|CRN 90053 ||Online||Sept. 7-Oct. 5|
|CRN 90180 ||Online||Sept. 7-Oct. 5|
|CRN 91123 ||Online||Oct. 17-Nov. 14|
Project Management Online, Module 2: Planning Processes
The planning processes are examined in detail with supporting exercises that illustrate key tools and techniques and outputs. Processes are included from the ten project knowledge areas: integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resource, communications, risk, procurement and stakeholder management.
|Subject code: XPRM 20003||45 Hours. Fee: $1,485|
|CRN 90049 ||Online||Sept. 29-Nov. 10|
|CRN 90055||Online||Sept. 29-Nov. 10|
|CRN 90315||Online||Nov. 7-Dec. 19|
Project Management Online, Module 3: Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing Processes
Bring your project from execution through monitoring and controlling to completion. Examine in detail key outputs such as change control, contracts, performance reports, project plan updates, as well as analyses of schedule, budget, risk, quality and stakeholder improvements. Create a close-out report and contract closure.
|Subject code: XPRM 20004||30 Hours. Fee: $1,190 |
|CRN 90056 ||Online||Sept. 7-Oct. 12|
|CRN 90057||Online||Nov. 15-Dec. 20|
|CRN 90316||Online||Nov. 15-Dec. 20|
Project Management - Final Assessment Paper
"I’m very glad that ---- after thoroughly researching the available possibilities --- I enrolled in this straightforward and logically constructed project management program, consisting of three main modules and a final assessment paper available three different times throughout the year. I found the instructors exceedingly helpful and the tuition very reasonable. Another plus is that it is offered through the Internet, so one can pursue it while residing anywhere in the World. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in project management." - Gabor Pataki, International Student from UK
"Thanks to Mount Royal for making this course available online which enabled me to take this course while on project assignment - virtually anywhere I am." - John Coloso, Turnover Coordinator, Froth Treatment - Horizon Project, Canadian Natural Resources, Inc.
"The online PM certificate program allowed me the flexibility needed to take on further study while working in remote locations. The course material has become a valuable working guide for all of my future projects, and has improved my level of quality in project work." - Brian Baker, Shaw Pipe Protection Ltd., Project Management Online Graduate
For information about this program:
403.440.8630 or 1.888.392.3655
Mount Royal University, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW, Calgary AB T3E 6K6
Customize this program for your organization through our Corporate Training department.