Mount Royal University Conservatory: We have a place for you
At the Mount Royal University Conservatory, we believe that the human spirit achieves its truest expression and deepest fulfillment through the arts.
We have played a pivotal role in Calgary’s performing arts scene since 1911, enabling people of all ages and abilities to take part in the performing arts. No other performing arts organization has the history or serves as large and diverse a community. Now the largest institution of our kind in Canada, we are unique in the breadth and scope of our programming.
Our mission is to nurture the artistic potential in everyone, and identify and train the great artists of tomorrow. We teach more than 4,000 students every year and welcome tens of thousands of others from our community to our concerts and special events.
Latest Blog Posts
- Seven Series Centre Stage
- Passed with Honours
- Team Player – James Ehens
- Ralph Maier: Renaissance Man
- Jazz Hands Around the World
- Painting Postcards
- She’s Come a Long Way
Designing the Bella Concert Hall
- Juno Listen To Our City
- The Taylor Centre for the Performing Arts was awarded Top Project of the Year over $50M - Alberta Construction Magazine
- We are so proud of our instructor Erin MacLean-Berko...- CBC News
- MRU launches new Popular Music program - Global News
- Fine-tuning the Bella Concert Hall - Global National News
- Putting the new Bella Concert Hall to the test - Global News
- What to expect from Popular Music at MRU - Global Weekend Morning News, Calgary
- Steady with the Steinway! Mount Royal University piano move underway - Global News
Connect with Us
Keep informed about what's new and exciting at the MRU Conservatory: Add your name to our e-news mailing list, follow us on Facebook or Twitter, watch us on YouTube or keep even more up-to-date with Soundbites:
If your child attends programs that contribute to his or her development, you may be eligible for the Children's Arts Tax Credit for eligible expenses of up to $500 per taxation year for children under 16. Please refer to the Government of Canada website.