Institute for Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- a nexus for communication and collaboration, providing resources and coordinating initiatives locally, regionally, nationally;
- a community of scholars collaboratively advancing the existing body of knowledge about teaching and learning;
- a research centre facilitating and supporting investigation leading to deeper understanding of and sustained improvement in student learning.
Annual Report 2013/14
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) is rigorous, systematic, evidence-based study of teaching and learning:
- focused on student learning, grounded in context, methodologically sound, and publicly disseminated;
- inclusive and unified by its potential to have impact in the classroom and to contribute to the production of knowledge and ongoing improvement in teaching and learning;
- diverse in discipline, theory, methodology, and method.
- Nexen Scholars Program
- TransCanada Research Program for Learning Innovation and Collaborative Inquiry
Symposium on Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Banff, Canada
The annual Symposium on Scholarship of Teaching and Learning is a practitioners conference organized and hosted by the Institute for Scholarship of Teaching at Mount Royal University and dedicated to developing individual and collaborative teaching and learning scholarship, sharing nascent findings, going public with results of completed projects, and building a regional and national scholarly community.
TransCanada International Forum on Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
The Institute sponsors an annual Forum on Scholarship of Teaching and Learning which brings together higher-education administrators, private and public-sector stakeholders, and faculty who are committed to fostering and promoting systematic scholarly inquiry across the international post-secondary landscape. These events are often organized around a theme, and range in focus from institutional leadership to the role of students as co-researchers.
Starting in 2014, TransCanada PipeLines Limited will be co-sponsoring the Forum. We look forward to updating you with more information about our next Forum shortly.