Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE)
As a registered nurse, this course will prepare you to provide comprehensive care for recent victims of sexual assault. Understand how to offer support, take histories, gain consent, conduct examinations and carry out interventions as needed. Examine risk factors for assault, standards of practice, physical and psychological consequences of assault, forensic and non-forensic examination, injury identification and documentation, as well as discharge follow up.
The course content meets the requirements of the International Association of Forensic Nurses to prepare sexual assault nurse examiners who wish to later write the optional certification examinations.
Social workers, LPN's, lawyers, and police officers are welcome to take the course to further their knowledge in working with sexual assault victims. For non-registered nurses, registration restrictions apply. Please contact us for more information.
- Enhance your career as a Registered Nurse to become a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
- Learn to collect evidence and give testimony in court
- Serve rural communities that do not have specialized sexual assault teams
- All required materials are provided as part of the listed course fees. There are no additional costs for materials in this program.
- Course content and assignments are entirely online
- This is not a self-paced course. Each assignment will have a specific due date
- Complete the required course (48 hours) within one semester
- APA writing guidelines are used in this course. Refer to the MRU Library for further information
|Subject code: XFOR 10001||48 Hours. Fee: $599 +GST|
|CRN 30264 ||Online||Jan. 20 - April 24|
For information about this course:
403.440.6867 or 1.888.392.3655
Mount Royal University, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW, Calgary AB T3E 6K6