Managing Conflict in Today's Workplace Certificate of Completion
Fast Track Schedule
Incorporate conflict resolution skills into business processes and your professional practices. The skills and strategies you learn in this program can be applied immediately in your workplace setting.
- Develop skills and tools to effectively manage and resolve conflicts in the workplace
- Learn essential communication skills to apply in preventing and working through conflict
- Build positive relationships between employees within the workplace
- Complete the 3 required courses. Total: 45 hours.
- This program can be completed within 1 semester up to a maximum of 3 years
- Introduction to Conflict Resolution is offered in both classroom and online formats. All other courses are offered online only.
- Introduction to Conflict Resolution is a prerequisite to all Conflict Resolution courses.
- Check the technical requirements for using the Blackboard online learning platform prior to registering for any of the courses.
- Please log in to your Blackboard course on the official course start date and refer to your Course Outline for assignment due dates.
- The listed course hours indicate the estimated time for students to review the online learning units. Your actual time spent completing assignments may vary.
Introduction to Conflict Resolution
Begin to develop a personal philosophy for conflict resolution as you explore the benefits mediation and negotiation in a variety of settings. Assess your ability to communicate effectively and discover your personal style of handling conflict. Recognize the importance of separating the people from the problem and begin to apply conflict management processes.
Course Materials (Required): Purchase the online version of the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument .
Note: This course is also an optional course in Mount Royal's Human Resource Management Extension Certificate and is a required course in Mount Royal's Conflict Resolution Extension Certificate.
|Subject code: XCFR 20101||15 Hours. Fee: $375||Choose 1 of the CRNs below|
|CRN 30104 ||Online||Jan. 18-Feb. 15|
|CRN 30659 ||2 classes||Mar. 3-4||8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.||Fri. & Sat.|
Negotiating with Integrity
Begin to examine the concepts of negotiating with integrity and consider their application in the business community. Identify key skills and processes which assist in effective negotiations and consider key elements in preparing to negotiate. Be introduced to the four-stage model of negotiation: interests, options, agreements and alternatives.
Prerequisite: Introduction to Conflict Resolution.
Note: This course is also an optional course in Mount Royal's Community Investment Professional Extension Certificate.
|Subject code: XCFR 20004||15 Hours. Fee $375|
|CRN 30660 ||Online||Mar. 1-29|
Dealing with Difficult Conversations
Develop communication skills to deal with difficult situations. By following the techniques outlined in this course, the parties walk away thanking each other for good, clear, compassionate conversation and look forward to other such interactions. Create your own approach by understanding the barriers that make communication difficult and building on concepts and skills presented.
Prerequisite: Introduction to Conflict Resolution
|Subject code: XCFR 20003||15 Hours. Fee $375|
|CRN 30662||Online||Apr. 5-May 3|
|Save 10% Register for all 3 online courses at once! Use the Block Code below||45 Hours. Fee $990|
|Block Code CONF1||Online||Jan. 18-May 3|
For information about this program:
403.440.6867 or 1.866.616.3606
Mount Royal University, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW, Calgary AB T3E 6K6
Customize this program for your organization through our Corporate Training department.