Medical Terminology Extension Certificate
Medical Terminology is a specialized language specific to the health care field. These courses allow you to build a foundation of knowledge through examining topics such as word origins, abbreviations, body systems and disease.
- Explore basic anatomy, body systems, and functions while identifying complex medical terms
- Gain an understanding of the importance of medical terminology to pursue a career in health care
- Understand the importance of medical terminology in describing common diseases and treatment
- Online with self-paced readings and quizzes. All quizzes must be completed prior to the course end date
- To obtain the Extension Certificate, complete the three required courses (65 hours.) within three years of starting the program
- Can be completed within 1 semester
- All courses in this program are offered every semester
- Check the technical requirements for using the Blackboard online learning platform prior to registering for any of the courses.
- Please log in to your Blackboard course on the official course start date and refer to your Course Outline for assignment due dates.
- The listed course hours indicate the estimated time for students to review the online learning units. Your actual time spent completing assignments may vary.
All courses in this program are offered every semester.
Medical Terminology I
Investigate the origins and rationale for anatomical terms in this entry-level course. Explore the basic components and meaning of medical terms.
|Subject code: XMED 10004||20 Hours. Fee: $349|
|CRN 90380 ||Online||Sept. 5-Oct. 6|
|CRN 90381||Online||Oct. 2-Nov. 3|
Medical Terminology II
Build on the knowledge gained in Medical Terminology I. Explore the terminology related to basic anatomy, body structures and tissues, and major systems and functions within the body.
Prerequisite: Medical Terminology I
|Subject code: XMED 10005||20 Hours. Fee: $349|
|CRN 50254||Online||June 12-July 9|
|CRN 90382||Online||Oct. 13-Nov. 10|
|CRN 90383||Online||Nov. 14-Dec. 12|
Medical Terminology III
Continue to build on the knowledge of medical terms you acquired in Medical Terminology I and II. Focus on complex medical terms, common diseases, symptoms and treatments.
Prerequisites: Medical Terminology I; Medical Terminology II
|Subject code: XMED 10006||25 Hours. Fee: $399|
|CRN 70155||Online||July 17-Aug. 20|
|CRN 90384 ||Online||Nov. 14-Dec. 19|
, BPE(Hons), ND
For information about this program:
403.440.6867 or 1.866.616.3606
Mount Royal University, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW, Calgary AB T3E 6K6
Customize this program for your organization through our Corporate Training department.