Association of Administrative Professionals (AAP)
The Association of Administrative Professionals (AAP) is a chartered, non-profit, Canadian association. We strive to provide administrative professionals the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive by encouraging all members to add to their individual competencies, advance their leadership skills, realize their value in the workplace and community and have confidence to excel in their careers.
The AAP offers the Canadian Certified Administrative Professional (CCAP) certificate and designation. The CCAP program is a certificate program for administrative professionals. In order to achieve the CCAP designation, candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be an AAP member for at least one year.
- Enroll in the CCAP program.
- Provide verification that you possess a minimum of two years’ work experience in an administrative role
- Provide verification that you also possess a good balance of the AAP core competencies, which are in the areas of business management, technology, leadership/organizational skills and communication/interpersonal skills.
- Complete seven courses at accredited universities and colleges across Canada, consisting of three compulsory courses and four elective courses. Members enrolled in the CCAP program may complete some or all of their requirements with Mount Royal University as follows:
Mount Royal University Equivalent
|Business English||MGMT 2130: Business Communication Theory and Practice|
|Organizational Behaviour||MGMT 3210: Organizational Behaviour|
|Supervision/Management Studies||MGMT 3276: Management Principles and Practices|
|Business or commercial law||MGMT 3230: Business Law|
|Computer Technology - advanced courses in Excel, Access, etc.||COMP 4522*: Database-II: Advanced Databases|
|Economics||ECON 1101: Principles of Microeconomics AND |
ECON 1103: Principles of Macroeconomics
|Event management||Not available at this time|
|Financial accounting||ACCT 2121: Financial Accounting Concepts|
|Human resources management||HRES 2170: Introduction to Human Resources|
|Marketing||MKTG 2150: Introduction to Marketing|
|Project management||Not available at this time|
|Psychology||PSYC 1105: Introduction to Psychology|
|Public relations||Not available at this time|
|Social media||Not available at this time|
|Statistics||Not available at this time|
|Website design/management||Not available at this time|
*COMP 4522 has a prerequisite: Computer Science 2503 and 2521 with a minimum grade of C-.
CCAP graduates must complete a certification renewal process every three years, based on a credits system. Credits are awarded by completing professional development programs, attending AAP meetings and events, working in the administrative profession, community involvement and more. A total of 40 certification renewal credits must be accumulated in the three year renewal period. For more information, visit or contact the CCAP National Coordinator at .
For more information on the Association of Administrative Professionals, how to become a member, where our branches are, the CCAP designation and more, visit or email the National Director – Register at .