Staff Career Opportunity
|JOB TITLE:||ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT|
|Position Type:||Administrative Support V|
|Term:||Full-time, One Year Replacement Term (start date January 3, 2013)|
|Department:||Information Technology Services|
|Date Posted:||November 19, 2012|
|Closing Date:||November 27, 2012|
|Description:||Reporting to the Office Administrator, the Administrative Assistant will work in a team based environment and will be required to provide outstanding administrative support to the CIO, Associate Director, Managers and the employees within the department.|
• Provide administrative support (e.g., secretarial, clerical, payment of invoices and staff reimbursements, scheduling, and organizing special events) to the CIO and ITS team.
• Coordinate meeting arrangements as required by the department which includes; preparing agendas, booking locations, ordering food, assembling and distributing meeting materials.
• Purchase and track software licensing for the University
• Provide administrative support for many committees this includes scheduling meetings, circulating agenda packages and taking/distributing minutes
• Maintain calendars and schedule appointments for the CIO, Associate Director and Managers.
• Coding invoices and entering Requisitions for all internal ITS areas.
• Monitor usage and replenish all office and sundry supplies.
• Compose and proof read, letters, reports and other types of correspondence as needed.
• Process incoming and outgoing mail and couriers.
• Coordinate travel arrangements for ITS team as needed.
• 60 wpm accurate typing.
• High attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills, customer service and organizational skills.
• Previous minute taking skills.
• A strong sense of professionalism, tact and confidentiality.
• Excellent English language skills (including proofreading and editing of content for reports, documents and department web site).
• Advanced computer skills with proficiency in operation of all Microsoft Office products and Lotus Notes would be an asset.
• The ability to work well in a team environment with constantly shifting priorities.
• Ability to work independently and multi- task to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
• Office Assistant diploma and/or work experience equivalent.
• 2 - 5 years related experience.
• Knowledge of Banner Financial/Purchasing System and FAST Budgeting System would be an asset.
• Ability to read contracts and identify issues.
|Salary:||$1,660.17 - $1,727.46 semi-monthly|
|Closing Date:||November 27, 2012|
MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE SW
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.