|JOB TITLE:||EVENT STAFF|
|Department:||Events and Conference Services, Faculty of Continuing Education and Extension|
|Date Posted:||November 15, 2012|
|Closing Date:||November 30, 2012|
|Description:||Events and Conference Services (ECS) at Mount Royal University is recruiting for a part-time casual Event Staff to support the ECS department. The Event Staff reports to the Administrator, Events and Conference Services. Event Staff are responsible for reception and general customer service duties at the ECS front desk located in the Roderick Mah Centre for Continuous Learning (EC Building). A main component of this position involves assisting the event coordinators with conferences, events and meeting services. This involves administrative tasks and event support duties such as checking on room setups, catering and other logistical details. Event staff direct students, staff, and guests at the front desk and answer general questions and inquiries.|
• Welcoming clients, students, and guests at the front desk and providing information and direction.
• Performing reception responsibilities such as answering the phone and taking inquiries.
• Assisting Event Coordinators with event, conference and meeting details.
• Assisting with routine administrative support (e.g. filing, processing documents etc).
• Assisting with on-site support (e.g. room and food service checks, event signage, coat check service etc).
• Acting as a point of contact for clients at events.
• Assisting clients with audio/visual, catering and room set-up issues which may arise onsite.
• Working effectively independently and in a team environment.
• Working flexible hours which primarily include evening and weekend shifts.
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Strong customer service and communication skills.
• Minimum 1 year general office and administrative experience.
• Responsible, reliable with a positive and professional demeanor.
• Flexible schedule with availability on most evenings and weekends. Number of shifts/hours per week will vary. Note: Average start time is 4:15 pm during the week and 8:00 am on weekends.
• Ability to work in a fluctuating paced environment.
• Basic knowledge of audio/visual equipment.
• Strong knowledge in computer applications including MS Word and Excel.
Note: This is a casual position and the number of scheduled shifts/hours per week will vary depending on departmental needs. Availability is sought with a minimum one year commitment.
*Please provide a cover letter addressed to Shawna McMurran and indicate your specific availability (days and hours)*
|Salary:||$14.00 per hour|
|Closing Date:||November 30, 2012|
MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE SW
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.