- When collecting personal information Mount Royal must inform the individual of the purpose for collection, the specific legal authority for collection and information on who can answer questions about the collection.
- Mount Royal must only disclose personal information under specific circumstances provided under the Act such as, to an employee if the information is necessary for the performance of the duties of that employee.
- Mount Royal must obtain written consent from the individual in order to disclose personal information to a third party.
- Mount Royal must make every reasonable effort to ensure the personal information it uses, is accurate and complete.
- Mount Royal must allow individuals the right-of-access to their own personal information and must respond to a request for a correction to that personal information.
- Mount Royal must ensure that reasonable security arrangements are maintained for personal information in its possession.
Freedom of Information
- Subject to certain exceptions and payment of fees, Mount Royal is obliged to provide right-of-access to any record in its custody or control including a record containing personal information about the applicant.
- Mount Royal must make every reasonable effort to assist individuals applying for access to information and to respond to each applicant openly, accurately and completely.
- Mount Royal must make every reasonable effort to respond to a request for access to information not later then 30 days after receiving the request with payment of fees.