Faculty of Arts
Areas of study
Whatever your field of interest, you will gain valuable — and transferable — skills in communication, research and problem solving. Learn more about our Bachelor of Arts degrees and majors that will instill broad, informed thinking to help you become an engaged, compassionate citizen.
- Explore the cultural, biological, linguistic and archaeological interconnections of human existence through time and space with a major in Anthropology.
- Take your communication skills to the highest level, delve into the meaning behind film and literature with a major in English.
- With a major in History take part in a comprehensive and dynamic program in which you will explore and analyze the paths that brought societies to where they are today.
- Build a solid foundation in policy theory, Economics and Political Science with a major in Policy Studies.
- Examine human behaviour, including sexuality, aging, memory, brain functioning, learning and deviant behaviour with a major in Psychology.
- Expand your sociological imagination and challenge yourself to think critically about the ways in which society is created, maintained, and changed with a major in Sociology.
- Learn how to communicate in a foreign language, but also about the cultures and societies that shape the spoken word in Spanish.
- Combine criminological theory with practical experience with a degree in Criminal Justice.
- Shape the spaces in which people live and work with a degree in Interior Design.
A Year in the Life of Arts
The Faculty of Arts at Mount Royal University had a dynamic year in 2016, from welcoming new students, receiving many speakers, and hosting events.