Academic Title: Associate Professor
Areas of Instruction:
Counselling theory and skills, Group Process, Trauma, Family Intervention, Self-care, Policy
PhD, University of Calgary
M.A., University of Victoria
B.A.., University of Victoria
Phone : 403-440-6440
• Mental health of post-secondary students
• Vicarious Trauma and Compassion Fatigue
• Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Professional Community Service Interests: Child and Youth Care Association of Alberta, Post-Secondary Student Mental Health
Research and Scholarly Projects:
Garrow-Oliver, S., & Kostouros, P. (2014). Desks in rows. Transformative Dialogues 7(3).
Kostouros, P. (2013). My father was not my father; An attempted understanding through a Ricouerian lens. Journal of Applied Hermeneutics. June http://jah.synergiesprairies.ca/jah/index.php/jah
Warthe, D., Kostouros, P., Carter-Snell, C., & Tutty, L. (2013). Stepping Up: A Peer- To-Peer Dating Violence Prevention Project on a Post-Secondary Campus. The International Journal of Children, Youth and Families.
Kostouros, P. (2012). Depicting and framing the trauma of another. In, H. Smits & R. Naqvi (eds). Thinking about and enacting curriculums in frames of war. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield (pp. 99-114)
Research in progress:
- 2015 Nexen Scholar’s program. Depicting Trauma: The student experience.
- 2015 Post-secondary Student BreathingRoom TM Experiences
- 2014 “ Stepping Up.” Co-Principle Investigator with Warthe, G. & Carter-Snell, C.
- April 2015 Stepping Up: Reducing Dating Violence on a Post-secondary Campus End Violence Against Women International
- Mar 2015 Psychological First Aid Golden Hills School Division Rockyview District Alberta
- Feb 2015 Compassion Fatigue After Disaster Assistance Centre for Community Disaster Research Mount Royal University, Calgary Alberta
- Jan 2015 Stepping Up: Reducing Dating Violence on Post-secondary Campus
Clute Institute: Maui, Hawaii
- Jan 2015 Depicting Suffering in Teaching Clute Institute: Maui, Hawaii