International Field Schools for MRU students
There are a number of exciting International Field Schools Opportunities for MRU students. Faculty interested in developing International Field Schools should access the Field School Faculty Manual on the Opportunities for Faculty page or contact the Office of International Education for further information.
Field Schools ShowcaseCanoes for Peru is a documentary produced by a young film crew out of New Zealand, who accompanied Joe Pavelka, professor, Bachelor of Applied Ecotourism and Outdoor Leadership (ETOL) program, and the Canoes for Peru MRU group for their month-long excursion in 2014.
TV Production Field School Group Projects - Four video documentaries that 12 journalism and broadcasting MRU students produced working with 16 Mexican students at Tec de Monterrey in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Shri Ram Ashram Field School Group Projects - Multi-media projects prepared by students who participated in the India Field School in 2012, 2014 and 2016.
Field School Resources for Student Participants
Visit the Field School Resources page for links to required paperwork, documentation and the Field School Student Manual which provides important Field School information for current and potential Field School Participants.
2018 Field Schools
- Sri Lanka Bio-Cultural Anthropology Field School (Spring 2018) FULL. NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
- Field School to India: Dimensions of Social, Cultural and Personal Development (Spring 2018) FULL. NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
- Ghana, Africa Field School (Spring 2018)
- Field School to Australia: The Business of Sport (Spring 2018)
- Comparative Criminal Justice in China (Spring 2018)
- Indigenous Hawaii Field School (Spring 2018)
- Fair Trade Field School - Guatemala (Spring 2018)
2017 Field Schools
- Hawaii Child Health (Nursing) Field School (Winter 2017)
- Dominican Republic (Nursing) Field School (Spring 2017)
- Scotland: Environmental Sustainability Field School (Spring 2017)
- Mexico: Journalism & Broadcasting Field School (Spring 2017)
- Peru Field School (Spring 2017)
- Slavery, Freedom, and Civil Rights - American History Field School (Spring 2017)
- Doing Business in Brazil (Spring 2017) Application Deadline Extended to January 20, 2017
- MRU X Paris Spring Study Exchange (Spring 2017)
2016 Field Schools
- Honduras General Education Field School (Winter 2016)
- Dominican Republic Community Health Nursing Field School (Winter 2016)
- Sri Lanka -Bio-Cultural Anthropology Field School (Spring 2016)
- Field School to India: Dimensions of Social, Cultural & Personal Development (Spring 2016)
- HPED Field School to Norway (Spring 2016)
- CRJS European Field School (Spring 2016)
Mount Royal University acknowledges the generous support of Alberta Innovation and Advanced Education (IAE) for providing the CAGFIL grant program.