MRU Student Outbound Exchange Opportunities
Where in the world would you like to study?
Mount Royal University has many great opportunities for students to participate in an international exchange program. The program provides Mount Royal University students the opportunity to experience a different culture, gain international skills, promote and expand international understanding and develop new friendships.
MRU exchange agreements allow students to study abroad for one semester at over 58 institutions in 26 different countries for an international exchange program.
- MRU Exchange Locations - A listing of bilateral partnerships that MRU has with institutions around the world. MRU students can study on exchange at these partner institutions.
- CONAHEC Partnerships - The CONAHEC Student Exchange Program allows MRU students to apply for exchange to a number of additional locations around the world. The application requirements and processes are the same as for the Bilateral Partnerships.
In order to be considered for an International Outbound Exchange, MRU students must meet the following requirements:
- Attend an Information Session
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8
- Have the support of the Academic Chair and/or Faculty Coordinator
- Completed one year of full-time studies in a MRU credit program
- Be returning to MRU for a minimum of one semester following the exchange
- Turn in a completed Study Abroad application package by the specified deadline
- Successfully complete the interview process
- Attend the scheduled "Know Before You Go" orientation session
Exchange Program applications for Spring 2018, Fall 2018 or Winter 2019 are due on:
- February 26, 2018
Second deadline for Exchange Program applications for Winter 2019 are due on:
- October 1, 2018
The Office of International Education offers a variety of exchange and other international opportunities for students at different times of the year. Please see listing below and check back regularly for newly posted opportunities. Please first contact the International Education Office if you are interested in pursuing any of these opportunities.
- Universidad del Pacífico, Summer Programs in Lima and Cusco - 4-week specialized courses in Spanish and Business in Lima for students interested in learning more about business and culture in Latin America and Peru. 2-week International Program in the city of Cusco: "From Local Knowledge to Global Business". Specialized topics include trade, entrepreneurship, and international cooperation from the perspective of a developing country.
- Hanyang International Winter School - Hanyang University, in South Korea, offers a short-term winter programme: Hanyang International Winter School (HIWS). This programme combines top-class education with great cultural experiences. Experience Korea during winter in a unique way.
- Hanyang International Summer School, South Korea - The Summer programme combines top-class education with great cultural experiences. Experience Korea during summer in a unique way.
- The Education University of Hong Kong, China - Customized short-term summer programmes in Language and Culture and Community Service.
- University of Canberra Short Course Study Programme - a fantastic opportunity to earn credit toward your home degree at a world ranked university while experiencing Australian culture in the nation's capital.
- ESSCA (Ecole de Management) Summer Programmes - a variety of summer programmes offered in France, Hungary and China.
- Universidad de Almería , Summer Study Abroad Program 2018 - offers a 4-week intensive academic and professional program with courses in the areas of Science, Engineering, Business, Social Sciences, Computing, Health Sciences, Education, Modern Languages and Tourism.
- Summer School in the Czech Republic - the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport is offering full scholarships to two Alberta post-secondary students to attend Summer Schools of Slavonic Studies in the Czech Republic. Students will study Czech language, literature, culture and history as well as visit landmarks and attend cultural events.
- Cultural Ambassadors: North American Language and Culture Assistants in Spain - The Spanish Ministry of Education will be sponsoring openings for U.S. and Canadian Language and Culture Assistants in Spain each academic year. Applications are typically accepted from January to April, each year.
- Globalink Research Award with Mitacs Globalink - The Mitacs Globallink Research Award supports research collaborations between Canada and select partner countries. The award is open to graduate students with select destinations also open to senior undergraduates. Funding and eligible disciplines vary by destination.
- Cologne Summer School on International Perspectives in Education - A unique opportunity for students in teacher education or related fields of study exists in the summer through a 3-week program designed for advanced BA students in their first year. University of Cologne tuition and accommodation with breakfast is free to MRU students through our partnership with the university (note MRU summer tuition fees will still apply). The program includes cultural excursions and social activities. Program Brochure
- Study in Japan (MEXT) Scholorship Program- The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology offers scholarships to Canadian students wishing to pursue their studies at a Japanese university. Scholarships include tuition fees, living expenses and airfare to Japan.
Disclaimer: While programme fees are included in summer opportunities, tuition may not be waived for short term programming.
Disclaimer: Although the Office of International Education at Mount Royal University reviews, compiles and posts study/work/volunteer abroad opportunities submitted by other organizations, the programs presented through the website links above cannot be guaranteed as to accuracy, legitimacy or caliber. Those relying on information presented on these sites do so at their own risk and Mount Royal University shall not be liable for either the content of the information or any actions taken based on the information.
- Exchange Experience Reports (available for review in E 140)
- Partner pamphlets and other printed material (available in E 140)
Note: Students from other universities or colleges wishing to come to Mount Royal University on exchange program should refer to Inbound Exchange Students .