University Tenure and Promotion Committee (UTPC)
The University Tenure and Promotion Committee (UTPC) receives recommendations for applications for tenure and promotion from Tenure and Promotion Committees of academic units and from Deans. The UTPC makes recommendations to the President for tenure and decisions on promotion to Professor are made in accordance with processes outlined in the Tenure and Promotion Handbook and in the Collective Agreement.
The UTPC is composed of:
- the Provost and Vice-President, Academic, who shall chair the committee;
- one (1) representative and one (1) alternate, both of whom shall be tenured, from each Faculty, School, or Academic Unit represented by a Faculty Council, elected for overlapping three-year terms. The alternate shall serve as a replacement at any meeting which the representative is unable to attend for good reason.
- one (1) tenured member and alternate of the Association elected for a three-year term by the Association.
- Full membership can be found here.
- 2017-18 meeting schedule can be found here.
For further information, contact:
The Office of the Provost and Vice-President, Academic