Manuel Mertin, PhD, assumed the position of Acting Provost and Vice-President, Academic at Mount Royal in January 2013. In his capacity as chief academic officer, he is responsible for the strategic direction and administration of the academic division of the institution.
Some of the goals and priorities which fall within the purview of the Provost and Vice-President, Academic, include:
- ensuring that academic programs remain relevant, current and offer high-quality instruction
- preparing, implementing and updating an Academic Plan
- overseeing the development and implementation of new degrees in 24 majors
- administering policies and procedures which guide the division
- developing, implementing and updating a Comprehensive Institutional Plan
- guiding the process of student and faculty recruitment and retention
- pursuing partnerships with other institutions
- advising on institutional initiatives, including fund-raising
- fostering a culture of scholarship
- directing the establishment of institutes
- promoting institution-wide collegiality and co-operation
- overseeing the allocation of space
If you have any questions, please ask Manuel.