Accommodated exams - a guide for students
Midterm tests, quizzes and examinations:
- Before you request a seating for an accommodated test, quiz, midterm or final exam, you must discuss the accommodation(s) noted on your academic accommodation memo with your professor and obtain your professor's signature on the Professor Acknowledgement form. It is your responsibility to meet with your professors early in the semester and discuss how your accommodation(s) relate to the design of the course.
- Exam seating requests for accommodated midterm tests, quizzes, and exams must be submitted at least seven (7) days prior to the date when the class is writing.
- Midterm tests, quizzes and exams written in Accessibility Services will be seated at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. , 3 p.m., or 5 p.m. from Monday to Thursday. There is no 5 p.m. exam seating time on Friday.
- Exam seating requests must overlap with the time the class is writing, however, exam seating times in Accessibility Services may not coincide with when the class is writing a test, quiz or exam. If overlap is not possible see your professor; once agreement is reached regarding an alternative seating time, submit your request using the online exam seating request form.
- Exceptions to overlapping exam seating must be confirmed via e-mail by both you and the course professor to email@example.com.
- Once an exam seating request is booked by Accessibility Services a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you and to the professor. After confirming the accuracy of the exam information, the professor will provide Accessibility Services with a copy of the test, quiz or midterm exam.
- Alternate format examinations (i.e., formats compatible with assistive technology) will not be available to you if the professor has not provided Accessibility Services with a copy of the test, quiz or midterm at least two (2) business days before the scheduled accommodated exam. We recommend that you remind your professors to submit exams to Accessibility Services for processing.
- Exam seating requests that are submitted past the 7-day notification period shown below may result in incomplete accommodation as seating space and technology resources are limited.
|If your exam writing date is:||You must request by 11:59 pm the previous:|
- We understand that requesting exam seatings can be complex. If you need assistance, please drop by our office in Y201.
All of the procedures above apply to final examinations, with the following exceptions:
- Submit your final exam seating request as soon as the final exam schedule is released by the Registrar’s Office
- Final exam seatings are booked on a first come, first served basis; space and technology is limited
- Students risk not receiving their full final exam accommodations if they delay submitting exam seating requests
- Final exam seatings are 9 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m. from Monday to Saturday (inclusive)
Note: for additional information or questions about the accommodated examination process, contact Accessibility Services.
Talk to us about an accessibility concern at Mount Royal University